How to increase the system cacheThe process of increasing the space for the Windows 10 OS cache occurs by changing certain parameters in the system registry. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the "Run" window with the keyboard shortcut Win + R, then enter regedit in it and click OK.
- After starting Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
For faster navigation, insert the path to the top line.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
- On the right side of the window, find the parameter "DisablePagingExecutive" and double click on it to edit.
- Set the Value Data to 1, then click OK.
- Repeat the actions of the previous step, but for the item "LargeSystemCache".
- Then close all running windows and restart your computer.
Configuring Auto Clear Cache in Windows 10In some situations, increasing the system cache doesn't bring the desired result, and computer performance even degrades. To solve this problem, it's worth setting up automatic cleaning of saved data, for this we will use the built-in Task Scheduler utility.
- EmptyStandbyList is a cache cleaner utility, download it to your computer.
- Open Start, and in the search box, type Task Scheduler.
- After starting the utility, click on "Create task".
- Enter any name (it doesn't matter) and check the Run with highest privileges option.
- Now you need to set up an account on behalf of which the task will be executed. Click on "Change User or Group ...".
- In this window, use the "Find Now" button, find in the list below the position that is designated as "System". Double Click on it. "OK".
- Upon returning to the task creation utility, go to the "Triggers" tab and click "New".
- Here, check the option "Repeat task every" and select the interval "5 minutes", and in the drop-down menu "for a duration of" select the item "Indefinitely" and click "OK".
- Go to the "Actions" tab and click on the "New" button.
- Press the "Browse" button and select the previously downloaded file EmptyStandbyList.exe. Click OK.
- After that, the system cache will be cleared every 5 minutes.
If in the process of work you have any problems, just delete the task from the list: open the "Task Scheduler Library" folder, find the previously created entry in the central window, right-click on it and select "Delete".