How to install Zoom on Ubuntu
Zoom is one of the popular online video conferencing and meeting platforms that is in high demand during the pandemic. This is a cloud-based platform, so an organization needs to select the appropriate plan to start using the service. However, Zoom also offers free hours for personal or business communication. Video calls are limited to 40 minutes and 100 participants in the free version. There are no restrictions for one-to-one calls.
In terms of platform support, the Zoom client can be installed on a wide range of devices and OS such as Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, there is a plugin for Microsoft Outlook, Intel Unite and IBM. Extensions for Chrome and Firefox are also available.
Installing Zoom on UbuntuSince you won't be able to install the program using the snap utility or from the official repositories, we will install Zoom from the official site.
- Let's go to the Zoom download page in the browser. Select the operating system type, architecture, and version. And click on the Download button.
- Open the downloaded .deb installer in the Software installer and click the Install button.
- After finishing the installation, you can launch Zoom. To do this, in the upper right corner, click on Activities, and enter Zoom in the search bar. Click on the icon.
- Now you can log into your account (we recommend that you register on the website in advance) or connect to the conference using the identifier sent by the organizer through other channels (for example, by e-mail).
Removing Zoom in Ubuntu
There are a few simple steps to uninstall the Zoom app.
- Open a Terminal with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + T.
- Paste or enter the following command:
sudo apt remove zoom
In this article, we walked through the installation of Zoom on Ubuntu 20.04. Video communication technologies are constantly evolving, becoming commonplace not only for businesses, but also for ordinary users. Zoom is a prime example of quality video conferencing software. Broadcast and simply chat with friends and family using Zoom.